"When Jesus saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest is plenitful, but the workers are few.'" Matthew 9:36-37

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Leave Room

I heard a pastor tell this quote of a deacon’s prayer once “Lord, may you do something special today that is not listed in the Sunday bulletin.” This quote hits close to home for many of us: Have you prayed a prayer on Monday and wonder by the end of the week why God has not answered it yet? Ever doubted your purpose or direction in life? Wonder why your ministry is not growing? Only give what the checkbook says you can give? Is your life so planned out that God doesn’t fit in it anymore? Is your church service so planned out that you leave no room for something special?

Either we are not asking or we don’t believe….and leave room!

James 1:5-6

5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.

“I struggle with doubt often. Although I pray and say I trust God. I tend to be a doubting Thomas at times by the way I live my life. If Bill Gates was my uncle and he promised me to give me anything I needed at anytime, and all he wants me to do is ask in faith. It would be stupid to ask him for 20$ and walk away from him with the expectation that he wouldn’t give me just 20$ for gas or some other need. Because he has billions of dollars and he’s promised to give me anything I need, why would I doubt him for 20$. Then why would God, who has unlimited resources and unconditional love for us, promise to give us our essential needs and then not come through? I tend to pray prayers and then immediately start thinking about how I can accomplish my prayer in my time without Gods help. I’ve challenged myself with giving my needs to God and instead of trying to accomplish them in my power; I’m asking God for wisdom in faith and keeping my eyes open for opportunities, but not worrying about them at all.”-The Watchman

Is your vision too small? Have you factored God in that equation? “Factor God in that equation”-means asking yourself “is this goal man’s or God’s?”…where is the glory going- you or God?…have you retuned your vision to make sure your holding the course? Maybe today is the day. Refocus today not because you read an email, but because that is what the Lord is asking of you. Leave room in your walk for God to show up…leave room in your marriage for God to show up…leave room in your day to see…leave room in your day to listen…leave room to meet others…leave room for God to show up in your life!

No comments: